Pathways Selection at Massey High School
The curriculum offered for students at Massey High School is designed to accommodate the differing aspirations and needs of students at all levels. Students entering secondary education do so with differing backgrounds of experience and often very different levels of achievement, so it is not appropriate that they all be set the same objective.
In order to make a reasonable decision you need the right information. You should check:
- the particular qualifications required for the career(s) you have thought about.
- how these qualifications relate to school qualifications.
- the subjects that you need now for the training and education required later.
- what other institutions provide training for the career as well as the local polytechnic or university.
If you are unsure, talk to your Dean or see a Careers Advisor in room P9 to confirm information about courses and subjects required.
Make your own choices
- Don’t allow friends to persuade you. This is about YOUR pathway.
The aim of this website is to provide a guide to students in planning their pathways towards further education, training and employment. It contains a detailed listing of courses to be offered at Massey High School in 2019, along with a listing of teachers/personnel who can give you guidance with your course selections.
Also included is a career choice guide, some important information about university entrance requirements and approved subjects, rank scores, and some general information about NCEA.
Before you make your decision on the subjects that you would like to study in 2020, find out as much information as you can about NCEA courses, the requirements for NCEA at each level, University Entrance requirements, approved subjects, careers, etc. by:
- Reading these pages, and asking careers advisers, teachers, parents
- Referring to the NCEA website www.ncea.govt.nz
- Referring to university or other tertiary websites
- Visiting subject teachers and HODs and view pathways displays in Massey High School department areas during Futures Week – Monday 19th August to Friday 23rd August, and also Futures Evening Monday 19th August
- Finding out what subjects you will need now for the future training and education required for the careers you have thought about.